Accidental hits on your mobile screen can cause scratches on it. Such scuffs are usually unavoidable no matter how hard you try. But, the main problem is ignoring them even and applying efforts to remove them. If you are careless, then you may need to get a screen replacement for your phone.
Which is why you can read this post so that you can take care of the scratches on your phone. This guide comprises of some of the top methods on how to remove scratches from phone screen with ease. Continue reading to learn them.
How to Remove scratches From a Phone Screen
1. Use Toothpaste
You can remove minor scratches on your phone screen with your regular toothpaste. Note that it should not be a toothpaste gel. Here is what you need to do:
- Squirt out a pea-size quantity of your toothpaste on a soft and clean cloth. You can also a Q-tip for this.
- Rub the cloth or Q-tip, with the toothpaste on it, over the screen gently.
- Keep rubbing until you witness the scratches fading away.
- Once you have applied the toothpaste on the surface, use a wet cloth to wipe the screen.
- The scratches should now be gone.
2. Use A Magic Eraser
Many people have been known to use magic erasers to clean minor scuffs from their phone. So, it is quite obvious that you should try it too. But, it does need to be rubbed gently over the surface of your phone screen to avoid unnecessary abrasion.
3. Baking Soda
Did you know that you can use baking soda to remove the scratches from your phone screen? It has been known to be a natural cleansing agent. Which is why you can try it out for removing scratches from your phone. Here is how you can do it.
- Add water and baking soda in a bowl in 1:2 parts.
- Mix the ingredients to create a paste out of it.
- Now, spread the paste over your phone screen.
- After that, use a clean cotton pad or cloth to rub the screen in circles. Be gentle while you do this.
- Then, use a wet cloth to clean the phone screen.
- The marks on the screen should be invisible now.
4. Use Baby Powder
You can even use baby powder to get rid of the scratches from your phone. For this, you need to mix water and baby powder in 1:2 parts to create a paste first. After that, use the same technique as discussed for baking soda solution. Make sure all holes and ports on your phone are covered in advance when you follow methods that involve the use of water.
5. Apply Vegetable Oil
Another quick fix that you can use for removing marks is by using vegetable oil. This lubricant can fill up the fine lines present on your phone’s screen and fix them like magic! Try it out on your phone and see the unbelievable results.
6. Use Alum And Egg Mixture Cloth
Here is a technique that is a bit complicated, but it is effective. You will need alum and egg whites for this to work. Additionally, you are going to need alum, aluminum foil, egg white, and a soft cloth. After getting all the items, here is what you need to do:
- Mix a tablespoon of alum and an egg white in a skillet. Heat the mixture at a temperature of 150°F.
- After that, use the soft cloth to absorb the mixture on its surface.
- Place the soaked cloth on the foil and lay it in the oven.
- Heat at a temperature of 300°F until the cloth dries out.
- Remove the cloth from the oven and submerge it in cold water for 10 to 20 seconds. Rinse the fabric.
- Keep submerging and rinsing the cloth for a couple of times. Make sure you rinse it properly.
- After that, let it dry in the air for the next two days.
- Use this cloth to rub away the scratches from your phone screen.
7. Use Polish
This method works, but it does require some caution. Polishes like Silvo can be used for cleaning the scratches, but the improper technique can even cause the protective coating over the phone screen to wear even further. Use this method at your own discretion. Here is the method.
- Add the polish in a bowl. Make sure you do not spill the polish over the surface. You can place the container over a towel, just for safety.
- Now, dip a cloth in the bowl.
- After that, start rubbing the dipped cloth on scratches on your phone carefully.
- Then, use a clean and dry cloth to wipe the surface of your phone screen.
Applying these methods can help you get rid of the marks on your phone screen. But, do remember that you can only remove small scratches with these methods. Some of these, like the polish one, can be really hard on the screen. So, you have to be very careful while using some of these techniques.
If you feel that the screen has a lot of annoying scratches that feel like cracks, then you may need to take your phone to a professional and get it checked. The chances are that you need to get the screen replaced. Nevertheless, hopefully, you found this post on how to remove scratches from phone screen helpful.